Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous kit questions

i have some questions about nitrous kits. i was thinking about adding one to my 2001 z06 and did some searching, and i was ok till the talk about the timing tuner. does anyone sell a kit that comes with this? i only want to do 100hp shot. current setup should be around 450rwhp on stock block. what fuel system changes do i need to do? i have dynotune scheduled for next week, is the nitrous kit something that i can add after the dyno tune?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supergt99
i have some questions about nitrous kits. i was thinking about adding one to my 2001 z06 and did some searching, and i was ok till the talk about the timing tuner. does anyone sell a kit that comes with this? i only want to do 100hp shot. current setup should be around 450rwhp on stock block. what fuel system changes do i need to do? i have dynotune scheduled for next week, is the nitrous kit something that i can add after the dyno tune?
An upgraded fuel pump is never a bad idea if you intend on spraying.

Nearly every vendor sells either a timing tuner, or some type of device that will retard the timing if you plan to spray.

If you really intend to spray, I would put off the dyno tune until you have the kit installed. You *can* get away with spraying it after the tune, but you'll get better (safer) results if its tuned the way its gonna be raced.

-Will