General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Probs with drivers side window

Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Probs with drivers side window

When i bought my car back in october, both of the power windows worked flawlessly, depsite owning two f-bodies before this that had very slow passenger windows. Basically, the car has been sitting outside under a cover since then. Every 3 weeks or so, i come home on weekends, and i would always go out to the car and start it up etc. Whenever i did this, i noticed that the drivers window would somtimes be 'stuck'. I would push the button, hear something 'click', but no movement. If i pushed the button back and forth enough times (up and down), the window would eventually become unstuck and would proceed to move up and down flawlesslly with perfect speed.

This happened every three weeks or so. Last month, i went about 4-5 weeks without touching the car. When i came home over spring break, I had the same clicking problem, but no movement. No matter how much i did it, it still wouldnt budge.

Anyone had a similar problem or know what it could be? Regulator? Motor? Bad wiring? Passeneger window always works fine.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely its either getting physically caught up on something, or the motor is dying out.

Have a spare window motor ready, pull the door panel and check for any obstructions. If all is clear, I'd go ahead and swap out the motor.

You'll probably want to buy and install the autotrix pass side window fix also. It not only keeps the pass side motor working properly, it also prevents power drain/loss from the drivers side, protecting both window motors.

Worth it IMO.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk
Most likely its either getting physically caught up on something, or the motor is dying out.

Have a spare window motor ready, pull the door panel and check for any obstructions. If all is clear, I'd go ahead and swap out the motor.

You'll probably want to buy and install the autotrix pass side window fix also. It not only keeps the pass side motor working properly, it also prevents power drain/loss from the drivers side, protecting both window motors.

Worth it IMO.
once you have the door panel off, how hard is the swap? Ive taken the door panel off probably 5 times now to swap speakers.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone have any other suggestions? Does it sound like the motor? I can hear the "clicking" every time i push the button, but nothing happens. Passenger window continues to work perfect.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBSully
Anyone have any other suggestions? Does it sound like the motor? I can hear the "clicking" every time i push the button, but nothing happens. Passenger window continues to work perfect.
It's probably the window motor

Search this Thread