Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

prestige alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prestige alarm help

My parking/fog lights are not flashing when I lock/unlock my doors. What seems to be the problem? This is the model I have right here http://cgi.ebay.com/Prestige-APS-787...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have the instructions? How do they say to hook it up? There should be a wire or harness specifically for hooking up the lights.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Depending on what year you car is....the wire color may very, but it should be hooked up to the wire that shows 12v when the light switch is turned on. on the back of you headlight on/off switch/ or blue plug on the BCM you'll find your wires to test. Assuming its a chevy or pontiac, it should be brown (BUT TEST BEFORE HOOKING IT UP).

If it is hooked up, check for power by switching the on/off switch w/ a multi meter. if you have power... its the alarm, a cold saulder joint, or a disconected wire. If it, isn't...well you have PROBABLY found the solution.

Also, some of the prestige alarms I have installed had a positive and negative polarity parkinglight wires, make sure your using the positive input wire.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, the parking lot wire coming of your alarm SHOULD be white and might be easiest to trouble shoot at the alarm brain. Just another thought.