PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To check out your tune or tune file (bin), do you need tunign software?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To check out your tune or tune file (bin), do you need tunign software?

I see people post threads such as "check out my tune" etc. Well, call me ****, crazy, or crazy for ****, but i would like to have people who know what they are talking about look over my tune to make sure everything is hunky dory with my car.
Is there a way for me to get it without having HPtuners or EFIlive, or do i need them? I have a dash-hawk, will that load it?
If not, is it possible to ask the gentleman who tuned my car to post it or send it to me?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

I know with HPTuners files you have to have the software to read them.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
I see people post threads such as "check out my tune" etc. Well, call me ****, crazy, or crazy for ****, but i would like to have people who know what they are talking about look over my tune to make sure everything is hunky dory with my car.
Is there a way for me to get it without having HPtuners or EFIlive, or do i need them? I have a dash-hawk, will that load it?
If not, is it possible to ask the gentleman who tuned my car to post it or send it to me?
You have to have the software to pull it. You could ask your tuner for it, but most tuners don't want you posting their work for critiquing. Most tuners don't want people to know their tunes are junk, and the rest of us don't want people to know our secrets.

If it drives decent, what are you worried about?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
You have to have the software to pull it. You could ask your tuner for it, but most tuners don't want you posting their work for critiquing. Most tuners don't want people to know their tunes are junk, and the rest of us don't want people to know our secrets.

If it drives decent, what are you worried about?
i bet. I would imagine what you said is true, that many dont want to have their POS tunes exposed. And i can totally understand people who do good tunes not wanting others seeing their "tricks fo the trade", and things they learned.
it drives great in my opinion, i am not worried. I am curious if my car is performing to its maximum potential. If there is anything i would change\adjust, it would be the slight (very slight) bucking i get if i cruise with the rpms real low (like 65h gear doing 40mph, prob 1100rpms), and perhaps if there was a way i could improve my gas mileage.
Otherwise, i like the way it drives. And from what i hear and have seen with other people with larger cams, it drives and behaves wonderfully.

thanks for the input Ed.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
i bet. I would imagine what you said is true, that many dont want to have their POS tunes exposed. And i can totally understand people who do good tunes not wanting others seeing their "tricks fo the trade", and things they learned.
it drives great in my opinion, i am not worried. I am curious if my car is performing to its maximum potential. If there is anything i would change\adjust, it would be the slight (very slight) bucking i get if i cruise with the rpms real low (like 65h gear doing 40mph, prob 1100rpms), and perhaps if there was a way i could improve my gas mileage.
Otherwise, i like the way it drives. And from what i hear and have seen with other people with larger cams, it drives and behaves wonderfully.

thanks for the input Ed.
Just find someone local with HPTuners or EFIlive and have them pull it for you.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

unless its locked lol
Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

true. i will try to ask around and see if anybody will help me. Wouldnt that be a bitch if its locked? That will really suck if i do put on a maggie and go to have it tuned.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by crzytown69
unless its locked lol
Can't speak for EFIlive, but in HPTuners (for viewing purposes) there are ways around it being locked.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Resident

Jon, nice firebird!! looks sweet.

p.s. how can you get around the lock?
Old 04-04-2009, 06:47 AM
TECH Junkie

If it's locked PM me.