PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lean Bank CEL P0174 on '97 C5... HELP!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lean Bank CEL P0174 on '97 C5... HELP!

Ok I have been very busy with things and haven't really had any time to play with the motor in my vette(97). Ever since I had the starter changed at a shop down here the CEL has been on.

It runs like total ****, so I finally pulled the codes. There were about 6....lame. I noticed that the shop didn't put on the Air Pump **** on so I had to connect that, which cleared things up a lot(5 codes), but still runs poorly. Now it only has one code P0174, lean bank. I can't seem to find any exhaust leaks or vacuum leaks, but they could exists I guess.

What would be your next move? I'm thinking about just buying 2 new O2 sensors. Does anyone know the "best" aftermarket O2s to buy?

I do not want to take my car back to the shop to allow them to "fix" it. I'll just suck it up and do it my self. Plus I figure the car is almost 12 years old now, the O2 could be bad right? But would it give a bad O2 code?

Oh I have been busy doing some interior mods to the car finally...

Removed all sound deadening material, stock seat belts, about 15 lbs of dash metal bracing, some trim parts....trying to get this piggy on a little diet!! I'd love to get it to 3K lbs or so

Search this Thread