Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help bad... before something breaks!!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help bad... before something breaks!!

I just put a Yank PT4400 in my car last night and the car was making a really loud whining noise... When I was driving the car last night it was taking about 2500-2800 RPM to get it going.

My friend just took the car to a tranny shop and he said that on the way home, it would take more and more RPM to make the car move, now he said it takes like 3500 rpm just to get the car to move...

Does this soud like the converter is bad or does it sound like the tranny is shitting the bed?

If anyone has any help please let me know ASAP because I need to get this car running soon as its my only car... And Ive already spent way too much money to do this converter and now it seems like all that is going down the drain...
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The whining sound could be the converter but at the same time taking alotta rpm to get moving could be the trans or converter. I would inspect fluid .
Also have you had the car tuned for the stall yet?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the car has not been tuned for the stall...

I jsut talked with my local tuner and he is almost sure it sound like the tranny...

Im at the point where ill spend the money i need to to get the car going right i just cant afford to spend money on something that wont help.

If its the tranny illg et a built one but i dont want to get a built one just to have a bad converter take that down with it...

Search this Thread