Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defective HSW Bottle Pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defective HSW Bottle Pressure gauge?

Man.. I've had nothing but problems from this kit. First the fuel noid was bad.... now the bottle pressure gague is defective?

Please tell me I am wrong on this...

I just had the bottle filled the other day and this being my first kit didn't know what kind of pressure to be looking for. My bottle pressure is only 300psi... and I am afraid to hit it with the bottle heater because I think 300psi is WAY to low... even for a cold bottle.
The gauge is mounted on the bottle.
Any input?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ineedashortblock
Man.. I've had nothing but problems from this kit. First the fuel noid was bad.... now the bottle pressure gague is defective?

Please tell me I am wrong on this...

I just had the bottle filled the other day and this being my first kit didn't know what kind of pressure to be looking for. My bottle pressure is only 300psi... and I am afraid to hit it with the bottle heater because I think 300psi is WAY to low... even for a cold bottle.
The gauge is mounted on the bottle.
Any input?
Again, we hate to see you having problems with your kit, its always a risk when buying used. did you contact the seller to get anything back? If he didnt make you aware of any problems i think you would be due a refund.

Put the bottle in some hot water for a minute or so and see if the pressure starts to rise.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Again, we hate to see you having problems with your kit, its always a risk when buying used. did you contact the seller to get anything back? If he didnt make you aware of any problems i think you would be due a refund.

Put the bottle in some hot water for a minute or so and see if the pressure starts to rise.
Is it possible that the bottle is ACTUALLY at 300PSI? The bottle has over 9lbs of nitrous in it.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Update:

I just sat the bottle in some bath water... the temperature was warm... about the average I would use for a bath. The bottle pressure was rising... and after 10-15 seconds it was over the 400 mark.

Is there anyway I can confirm this gauge is bad? I've got a dyno tune scheduled for saturday and would hate to reschedule because the gauge doesn't work.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guage reads about 100#'s high. I emptied the bottle to install the blowdown tube fitting and the pressure read 100#'s empty.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Update again.

I left it in the tub for about five minutes, and the pressure rose to around 700 PSI.

700 PSI should be what the bottle reads with no heat in it, cold.

how often do the gauges go bad? What actually could be wrong.... anyone?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Update again.

I left it in the tub for about five minutes, and the pressure rose to around 700 PSI.

700 PSI should be what the bottle reads with no heat in it, cold.

how often do the gauges go bad? What actually could be wrong.... anyone?
its not so much that the gauge goes bad, usually they are damaged. If it wasnt packaged correctly during shipment to you it could have gotten banged and the needle gets stuck. It doesn't seem like this is your problem, more so for the one thats stuck at 100psi. Nick said you guys had been pm-ing so hopefully you can figure something out
Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
its not so much that the gauge goes bad, usually they are damaged. If it wasnt packaged correctly during shipment to you it could have gotten banged and the needle gets stuck. It doesn't seem like this is your problem, more so for the one thats stuck at 100psi. Nick said you guys had been pm-ing so hopefully you can figure something out
What could cause the gauge to read low? The needle moves.... the bottle does not leak. Could a bad nitrous fill... or anything along those lines cause this problem? I haven't PM'ed anyone except about jet sizes... I am just worried that if I crank the bottle up to the 1000psi or so it needs to be.. it would actually be 1500 or more....
Old 04-01-2009, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What could cause the gauge to read low? The needle moves.... the bottle does not leak. Could a bad nitrous fill... or anything along those lines cause this problem? I haven't PM'ed anyone except about jet sizes... I am just worried that if I crank the bottle up to the 1000psi or so it needs to be.. it would actually be 1500 or more....
Buy a new guage with a fitting and put it between the feed line and bottle to check your current gauge. If you current guage is bad, you now can replace it with the new guage or just leave the new guage between the line and bottle and not worry about the bad guage.

As far as my guage being off 100 lbs., I could care less. I call it normal wear and tear because it's been under pressure for 2 years.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
Buy a new guage with a fitting and put it between the feed line and bottle to check your current gauge. If you current guage is bad, you now can replace it with the new guage or just leave the new guage between the line and bottle and not worry about the bad guage.

As far as my guage being off 100 lbs., I could care less. I call it normal wear and tear because it's been under pressure for 2 years.
So... spend more money is your suggestion.

And a gauge with a feed line and bottle would only read once I opened the bottle, correct?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

i dont see how this is anyones fault but your own. why would you buy a used kit that was not taken care of? why didnt you check all this stuff to make sure it worked before the purchase? why try to make hsw out to be **** when your the fool that made the bad purchase. you bought used deal with the consequences and quit crying. all this cause you saved 100 bucks.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
i dont see how this is anyones fault but your own. why would you buy a used kit that was not taken care of? why didnt you check all this stuff to make sure it worked before the purchase? why try to make hsw out to be **** when your the fool that made the bad purchase. you bought used deal with the consequences and quit crying. all this cause you saved 100 bucks.
damn somebody has had a pissy day...... But I would have to agree.... This all comes with buying used parts. If you have any friends that use Nitrous see if any of them has a inline gauge that you can check yours with...My bottle usually read about 4-600psi cold, but now since I have a nano kit..Idk what it is. Also if you have a bottle heater on then you should have a pressure switch, which will keep you from going too high.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
lol.

Because its harrisspeedworks parts.

The user I bought it from is a member here, he has 100% feedback. ScreaminBird99.

He pm'ed me today and swears the kit was in 100% working order when he packed it up and shipped it out.

I am not the only one that has had problems with HSW noids.... the purge one seems to be the big culprit of problems.

This is the first I've seen of a bottle pressure gauge going bad. I mean unless you just make it with the crappiest quality parts ever how does it go bad? If it was damaged in shipping it would either be a stuck needle, or not work all together. It just appears to read about 450 PSI low which is enough to get someone killed that didn't know better and heated the bottle too much.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Teching In

This post is worthless, stop crying over spilled milk, you bought a used kit. Stuff happens, just bite the bullet and spend the 40-50 dollars and buy a new one. Just my .02