Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Taking up the Fundraising cause for my wife (Type 1 Diabetes) - Help if you can

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Taking up the Fundraising cause for my wife (Type 1 Diabetes) - Help if you can

On May 31rst, my wife and I will be participating in the Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation's "Walk for a Cure" at the new DC Nationals stadium.

My wife was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 12 and I have seen first hand what this disease can do and what it requires on a daily (or more frequent) basis.

She did not ask for this disease and she didn't do anything to acquire it - she was simply one of the "unlucky ones" who was chosen to have to deal with it.

I owe my wife a lot and that is why the choice to help her and walk with her was a no brainer. Not only does she endure a lot in her day to day life dealing with Type 1 diabetes, but what she had to endure while pregnant with our son, would make any man a little misty eyed.

From numerous doctors appointments (sometimes 5+ a week) to extensive testing/checking to bed rest, she laid it all on the line (her body, her patience and even her sanity) to bless our family with a healthy baby boy. As a Type 1 diabetic FULLY knowing the risks associated with pregnancy and the toll it can take on her body - both mentally and physically - and still deciding to "go for it" really says something about her. On May 28th of this past year, I was blessed with the best gift a man could ask for - a healthy baby and a healthy wife. I will walk for both of them.

Part of my commitment to this Walk is to help aquire donations/sponsorships for our team. Below is a link to my "Walk Page" which will have all the donation information available. Please note, any donation is tax deductable. I know times are tight for everyone, but as they saying goes "ANYTHING can and will help." Furthermore, if you are in the area and would like to walk - we would love to have you on our team to support this cause.

Thank you in advance.

Will

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87328885
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT for a great cause.