LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help...

ok for about a week my cars been really messing up..it back fires starts to over heat if i sit for to long the rpms are really sluges going up...so yesterday i put a new opti spark in and some power pulleys.. and its still messing up..and i think i have a bad wire...could it be the wires? or maybe a spark plug went bad? any feed back will help..thx
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

check your coil you can get one from AZ for less than $15 but this wont cause the car to overheat. make sure you dont have any trash blocking the radiator. let me think some more im sure more will come to me lol but the sluggish thing could be plugs and or wires, its hard to really say. just need to start looking at these things and see what kind of shape there in and when they where last replaced
Old 04-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Launching!

ok..suposivly about a year ago it was all changed right before i bought the car....i gunna check the coil in a lil bit
Old 04-02-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 94maro
ok..suposivly about a year ago it was all changed right before i bought the car....i gunna check the coil in a lil bit
Supposedly doesn't count for anything.
Put in some new plugs and wires. Might as well get a new coil while you are at since it's cheap.
Check your fuel pressure and see what it's doing under load.
If your car is still sluggish after that, it might mean that you need a new opti.
Also, the overheating thing should be unrelated. Make sure that your cooling system is fully bled.

Quick Reply: need some help...