Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Who's nitto drags have cracked like the pics in nitto warning page?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Who's nitto drags have cracked like the pics in nitto warning page?

Nitto and toyo have warning page now think since 2007 that nitto drag radials and maybe all type r nittos can crack and fail if used below 32F! They say to even remove them off the car and store them inside if the temps go below that and few other precautions as well I think.
I have had nitto drag radials on my 96z and 99 ta for several years .I do put away the cars around end october and think they might have seen some a bit below 32 F use possibly closer to 0 F even a a few times on the 99 last season.
I don't remove them for storage my garage is unheated and they will for sure see much colder than 0 F in my unheated garage up here in Canada.
So far I have not noticed these cracks that they show on the nitto or toyo sites.
Anyone else had their nittos or new toyo r compound do this? I was going to buy some new toyo drag radials but now not so sure . I don't plan on running them under 32f but they might get to that or a bit under later on in the season or early in the season.

It wouldn't be bad if they said 0 F but 32 F is not that cold really.
Other than this am pretty happy with the nitto drags for daily use. They are not as good at local strip it seems as MT drag radials or similar tires but they are pretty good on the street. Just getting paraoniod now about them.

Here is the link on their website..

http://www.nittotire.com/assets/safe...itionTires.pdf

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 04-03-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine never cracked and they were om my dd and got below 32* a few times
Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My nittos cracked and I pretty much just ignored it. Probably not a smart move but they are gone now.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they're just covering their asses

Quick Reply: Who's nitto drags have cracked like the pics in nitto warning page?