LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

looking to get my 1st camaro lt1

Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to get my 1st camaro lt1

hey Im shopping around for a camaro and im a HUGE lt1 newby!!

what are some problem areas to look at before getting in bed with it?

anything would help, i was been reading threads here hopping to find some kinda of common problem but haven't found one

this will also be my first domestic car.... I'm very excited to get into a v8 that i dont need to dick around with to get going ( like the 4 dangers i have owned before)

thanks
ryan
Old 04-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i am a big lt1 fan and love being the underdog. well a few things is make sure its been well maintained. like oil changes and all that stuff. also make sure there is no jerry riggin done to it. Also it best to buy a virgin car that way you know its not been messed with and probably has not been abused. my car was a virgin when i bought it over 2 years ago and had 95,000 miles. if buying a auto make sure it shifts correctly and has been maintained. that was first problem i had trans only had 1st and 2nd. and m6 make sure shifts good and just ask a lot of questions. i paid 6900 for mine before the aftermarket warranty. which was a good thing cause it saved me 2000 grand on the trans. lol. so that should be bout it. lt1's are very reliable if taken care of. i mean i beat on mine everytime it gets driven and not one problem with it and that is because i take very good care of it (some would say i go over board, but whatever). also lt1's are very strong too. so good luck and jsut look around for deals and look for a well maintained car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking to get my 1st camaro lt1