Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker trouble.

I bought my car and the previous owner had a system in it. The only speaker that works is the front passenger. The sail panel ones are missing, the rear im not sure about.

I popped the covers of the sail ones and there are two bare wires, the thing is they are different colors on each side.

For the front I bought some Pioneer 6.5" as this is what best buy told me went in there. Heres the problem, my new speakers have just a positive and negative hook up on them, the connector has 4 wires coming out of it. What the heck do I do.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monsoon FAQ

If the the speakers are coaxial, take them back.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

I've got the same question as screamingeagle. 4 ohm 3-ways. it's what crutchfield recommended. the FAQ doesn't help me much, i don't know much about stereos, i just want the annoying buzzing noise to go away.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

i think i've answered our question, just please someone tell me if i'm wrong. the factory unit has two separate coils, so it has two pairs of connections. our replacements only have one bass coil so we use only use one pair of the wires? yes, no, maybe???
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

all speakers at best buy suck it big time. you can buy much better speakers for half the price online.

camaros have coaxial mounted components meaning the tweeter needs a separate signal than the mid. So you need speakers that have a tweeter that is separate but can "coaxial mount" meaning you can mount the tweeter on the mid as if it were a coaxial speaker, but it still takes the 2 separate inputs.

its in the faq...