Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me plan my next mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me plan my next mod

ok well i have been planning out my turbo build for a little while, but the more i think about it and price out parts, and read builds and all the complications, the less i think i want to go that route. i already have a decent nitrous set up, so im thinking im gonna keep that maybe add a few nice accessories, and spend the money i have on one or two of the more expensive bolt ons.
i was thinking a nice set of heads, i have some 243's, but they are unported, and even after porting I'm wondering if they will give me the same performance as something like a afr 205 or something like that. so just stop in and let me have some suggestions. I'm thinking either that or a fast 90-90 setup. then if there's anything left I'll get some suspension stuff. and by the way i don't have a lot to spend. i have 2500.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For $2,500 you could do a fast 90/90 combo and some ported prc heads from tsp.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont do the fast 90/90 set up. Do the Vic. Jr intake manifold set up. Its cheaper, plus you will be able to get your heads that your wanting and then maybe a little bit of suspension mods. Also, the Vic Jr. will hold more power over the FAST 90/90 set up.