Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with rockers & heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with rockers & heads

Getting ready to pull the trigger on my heads and cam for my 02 C5 and i'd like some clarification.

In the new GM High tech magazine it has an article about roller rockers and i think now i'm going to purchase these as well. I believe the best is the Yella Terra rollers correct? Now the question is, do i need the adjustable or non-adjustable ones? Or better yet, i mean i'm assuming the adjustment part is to set the valve lash? Should i spend the extra cash to get adjustables?

And now heads, I'm in a toss up between the TEA 5.3L Stage 1.5 ported heads or the Patriot 5.3L (2027) ported heads can i'd go with the TEA heads but they don't answer the phone or return any of my emails or phone messages i leave them and its pissing me off enough not to buy from them even though i'd rather have those heads.
Anyway, i just need to know the pros or cons with those Patriot heads since they are easier to get, cheaper, and i can get a nice heads/cam combo price through Speed inc.
Thanks!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get some AFR heads, or you can get TEA heads from Vengeance Racing. Yella Terra's are great roller rockers, just get the non-adjustable ones.