Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

line lock start.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default line lock start.......

does anyone use their line locks to keep the car (M6) from rolling through the lights while holding the revs before their launch. a coroker said thats what they are made to do on M6 cars not just to help in the burn out box. i know of some tracks you have to be careful of rolling but... tell me what you all think
Old 04-06-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

they are also ment for that with the m6 cars i never had to use it never had a rolling problem. if its a momentary buttom not an actual switch then it'd work fine for that.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nah she has just a switch not a momentary
Old 04-06-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think the switch would be hard to use for rolling i know mines not the easiest thing to flip
Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If the switch was hooked up to the clutch pedal so that it will hold the car while the clutch is depressed that would work, you'd need a switch to work it as well for the burnout though.

Honestly though, being that every track has a dead level starting line if you are rolling forward with the clutch in and the rpm's up that means the clutch is dragging and you have a clutch problem. With the pedal all the way down the car should not creep forward at all... if the thing is set up right that should never happen.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Honestly though, being that every track has a dead level starting line if you are rolling forward...

hahaha, you obviously haven't raced at some of our more "rural" 1/8 mile tracks down south!

I have never seen the need to use the LL though. I've always grabbed a little e-brake at the line if i need to.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Race your car!

Sorry... I haven't been to any of your local stuff.

But, some of the places I've been weren't killer like etown, but for the most part what tracks we do have are pretty good, starting line's are all level anyway. Or at least close enough so the car's don't roll on their own

The linelock on a swtich with the clutch pedal should work fine though I'd think. Just better hope that it doesn't get stuck on or you might have a bad day.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
If the switch was hooked up to the clutch pedal so that it will hold the car while the clutch is depressed that would work, you'd need a switch to work it as well for the burnout though.

Honestly though, being that every track has a dead level starting line if you are rolling forward with the clutch in and the rpm's up that means the clutch is dragging and you have a clutch problem. With the pedal all the way down the car should not creep forward at all... if the thing is set up right that should never happen.
beaver springs in PA... i didnt roll forward...i rolled back alittle lol
Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Race your car!

Sounds like the starting line needs some attenion. I used to think that LVD was kind of a hole... but with all the stuff the new owners have done it's looking better and better.

Certainly don't have that problem at the valley anyway
Old 04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine connected to the output on my Harlan 2-step, which was deactivated by the clutch. I had a switch between the 2-step and the line lock so that I could turn on the two step, roll into the beams, apply the brakes, and flip the switch. With it setup that way I could use the 2-step without activating the line lock if I wanted to.