Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight question

Looking for new headlights for my wife's '01 Cherokee Sport. It's a sealed beam. The ones where I have to change the whole headlight deal, not just the bulb. I was on e-bay looking for some headlight swaps and came upon these headlight conversion that comes w/ new assembles and all I have to do us just buy new bulbs. But they all say 'with built in city lights' What are city lights? Are those like DRLs?? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by chevystyle
Looking for new headlights for my wife's '01 Cherokee Sport. It's a sealed beam. The ones where I have to change the whole headlight deal, not just the bulb. I was on e-bay looking for some headlight swaps and came upon these headlight conversion that comes w/ new assembles and all I have to do us just buy new bulbs. But they all say 'with built in city lights' What are city lights? Are those like DRLs?? Thanks.
LT1 Fbody head lights are the same way.
I just ripped out the part that holds the bulb to the lamps and put in better lights secured with some duct tape. The opening of the lamp is flat and the bulbs have a lip on them, so the bulds seat flush and are centered properly in the lamps. Now when I need to replace a bulb, I just buy bulbs, same ones for a LS1 Fbody. You should try something like that.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah did the same thing to my LT1 headlights. Except I've secured the bulb with silicon so not only is it in the opening tight, but it's also waterproof. I use a 9006 bulb.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Z28rare
Yeah did the same thing to my LT1 headlights. Except I've secured the bulb with silicon so not only is it in the opening tight, but it's also waterproof. I use a 9006 bulb.
Same here, lol.

Quick Reply: Headlight question