Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from IL

Hi All, I've been sneaking around here for a few years actually but I finally got my first camaro so I figured it was time to join up

Lets see where to start, first off im a huge anime fan (ima dork but ive come to accept it) also an aspiring comic artist. I've been in love with camaros since i was about 12. As for my rides I've had a 2000 Monte Carlo for the last 3 years as my daily driver but I was looking to trade it in on a GTO but before anything came along i found this 1994 Z-28 for sale by accident one day and decided it must be fate so i went to the bank and now i'm finally the owner of a Camaro (side note ive always loved the LT1s look over the LS1... Performance be damned). Its my first RWD and my first manual so its been a fun 2 weeks of learning LOL I also used to hang out alot at the 2KMonteCarlo forum alot, I believe thats where I originally found this site from. the Monte's got a few cosmetic mods but nothing major (spoiler, rebadge, painted engine cover)

The good: LT1 Z28 M6 with T-Tops (naturally), I believe it has a newish clutch and fuel injectors. No real rust or major body damage. paid $2,000 cash and it did next to nothing to my insurance rate.

The Bad: well its a 94 with 173,000 miles and wasnt taken the greatest care of. the interiors rough to say the least, the shocks are shot, as is the exhaust, no heat, and it leaks oil from everywhere when its warm. Oh and the hatch struts are shot (but it came with a free broom handle to hold it up LOL) and window motors are going as well. Theres probably more but thats a good start hehe.

Anyway my plan is to restore it and make it better than new in every regard so im sure i'll have plenty of questions. Right now there is so much im not sure where to start but I love this site and im sure it will be a great help!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'm from IL and love camaros and anime too lets hang out lol!! I loved LT1s too but i've turned to ls quite quickly haha i didn't expect to see anyone who likes anime on here. guess with the lt1s sinking its a more wide spread thing. anyway what kind of anime u like?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome I believe it was fate when I bought my first camaro, I was looking at a different car down the street and saw someone pull up next to it , Drove up the road and bought it the next day,
Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 PM

I love all sorts of anime, action mecha comedy pretty much anything, i have over 200 dvds LOL... ive been pretty into Code Geass lately but it airs at like 1am and i usually have to work mornings so i dont catch it alot.

here are pics of the car after 3 days of cleaning and being rained on between every day hehe (plus snow twice)

Heres what was under the seats after 15 years

The Monte for anyone interested

And Group

It then rained for the rest of the week after this little shoot.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

i like the Medium Patriot Red and nice monte
Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Hey man welcome to the site! The outside of the car looks pretty good but your right, the interior is a bit rough.

I remember how i got my first camaro. I had been dying to get one since i was little. I had been searching forever and one day my friend and I were driving around and i noticed one of the local dealerships had a new camaro in. The next day we went to go look at it. He was telling me how i was gonna find my dream car that day. sure enough it was exactly what I wanted and I fell in love with it. a week later it was in my garage.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Welcome I believe it was fate when I bought my first camaro, I was looking at a different car down the street and saw someone pull up next to it , Drove up the road and bought it the next day,
I know its weird, I was heading out fishing with my buddy. which is weird by itself because i havent fished in probably 8 years. but we drove up to his fishing spot like 5 miles out of town (after i spent about 3 weeks looking online for cars up to 300 miles away) and right across the street was this camaro with a sign written on a piece of a fence " '94 Camaro 6 speed" we stopped and looked at it real quick and i took down the number. called him and bought it the next day. guess sometimes its just ment to be