General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

anyone know how to do this???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know how to do this???

my car sits for a while and the battery goes dead. When I charge it up and put it back n the car I can hear a motor running and clicking sound. My first guess is the fuel pump, but it sounds more like when you press the trunk release and it just keeps going. Would it help to disconnect the release?? how would i go about doing that? This is getting annoying real fast. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCKZ28SS
my car sits for a while and the battery goes dead. When I charge it up and put it back n the car I can hear a motor running and clicking sound. My first guess is the fuel pump, but it sounds more like when you press the trunk release and it just keeps going. Would it help to disconnect the release?? how would i go about doing that? This is getting annoying real fast. Thanks.
could be your air pump running. do you have LT's.

You can just pull the fuse for the air pump under the hood. Or tear the whole thing out.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's the trunk release, there should be a connector you can just pull off the actuator.

If you feel like taking some time (could be awhile) to figure out what is REALLY is, just start pulling fuses one by one until it stops. Then, find out what that fuse circuit powers, and eliminate each accessory one by one until you find the bad compoinent. There's obviously a short or other wiring error if something is draining the battery. It's better to find it than to put a band-aid on the problem, because chances are, it'll get worse.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull out fuses until the noise stops. You then know which circuit is causing the problem. You can then troubleshoot the items on that circuit to find out what the problem is.

Kevin
80/99 Z28's