Sponsored by:

To advance cam, or not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default To advance cam, or not?

Hello guys,
I am in the proccess of dropping a stock 6.0L on my 70 Chevelle. The only modifications are an Edelbrock 2215 cam, LS6 yellow springs, full lenght headers, a ECU tune on the stock truck computer, and a GMPP single plane with an Edelbrock elbow and stock TB and injectors.
I haven't yet installed or started the engine but I am about ready to install the cam, it is rather mild which is just what i wanted for a daily driver the specs are 220/224 @.050, .510"/.510", Lobe sep 111 and 108 Intake centerline.
My First Question is: Should I advance this cam for nitrous use?
IIRC one of the most important events on a nitrous application is the exhaust opening, so will this help? I only plan on running a 100-150 shot on a 4150 plate.
Second Question: what are the jets I should use for 100 and 150hp for the plate to work correctly with the high EFI fuel pressure?
I know plate systems are supposed to work with 7psi but I would hate to run a third line and another fuel pump which I think is not needed for my expected usage.
Thanks a lot I am attaching a picture of how the plate looks so you get a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails To advance cam, or not?-lq9-intake.jpg