Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 LT1 T/A Auto tranny help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 LT1 T/A Auto tranny help?

Well i just got back from south texas(Mcallen ,tx) this sunday and im having shifting problems. Everytime I put it in gear and slowly take off, it seems like i starts at 2 or 3rd gear. While im driving at around 15 mph i put it in 1st gear and rpms dont change at all. I can manually shift it into third and downshift it to second but i dont feel it on 1st or 4th gear . I just checked the codes and it gave me a silenoid code 2-3 or 3-2 something like that. Is there a seal or ring under the torq converter because its leaking oil tranny fluid form there. What can cause the shifting problem? The car has 120k on it and i just got it on dec08. Any help would be appreciated thanks oscar
Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by WARDOG
Well i just got back from south texas(Mcallen ,tx) this sunday and im having shifting problems. Everytime I put it in gear and slowly take off, it seems like i starts at 2 or 3rd gear. While im driving at around 15 mph i put it in 1st gear and rpms dont change at all. I can manually shift it into third and downshift it to second but i dont feel it on 1st or 4th gear . I just checked the codes and it gave me a silenoid code 2-3 or 3-2 something like that. Is there a seal or ring under the torq converter because its leaking oil tranny fluid form there. What can cause the shifting problem? The car has 120k on it and i just got it on dec08. Any help would be appreciated thanks oscar
Check your transmission fuse first, verify your speedometer is working and then check for any diagnostic codes.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well need to know the numbers for the codes to say alot but sounds like you have a shift solenoid electrical problem.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Default codes

I got the codes they are:

1. p0785 - transmission 3-2 shift solenoid
2. p0430- catalyst efficiency low bank 2
3. p1441- EVAP system flow during non-purge condition

All the guages speedometer and rpms are working fine. The car feels like its starts at 2nd or 3rd gear . I dont feel the shift from 2-1 gear but 2-3 or 3-2 i do. Hope this helps alittle, i gotta get it fixed before i damage something else.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thats a 3-2 solenoid electrical code and will set limp mode i would suggest changing the solenoid you should be good to go on the trans

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Default thank you

Is that Silenoid outside the transmision and can it be bought at autozone or oreilys? What seal is there around the converter there is a leak of tranny fluid coming out the cover???
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by WARDOG
Is that Silenoid outside the transmision and can it be bought at autozone or oreilys? What seal is there around the converter there is a leak of tranny fluid coming out the cover???
3-2 solenoid is in the transmission and is not an autozone part. Check the solenoid resistance first should 13 Ohms approx. Also inspect the wiring harness from the pcm to the transmission. an open circuit will cause that problem also. Oil coming from the front of the transmission is either the converter seal or pump O'ring.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Default thanks

Ok thanks for the info, ill swing be the dealer and see if they have the silenoid in stock. I cant find a write up on taking the tranny off, i have never done autos.? Anybody have a link thanks oscar
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Default info

The tranny shifter correctly this morning and after 2 lights the problem came back. Im still looking for the silenoid, didnt have a chance to go to the dealer today. Guys is there a write up on removing the 4l60e tranny, im familiar with standard but not auto trannys. Im trying to replace whatever seal is gone by the converter and replace the silenoids a link would be appreciated thanks oscar
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Default transmision shop

Has anybody around houston heard of texas performance transmission?

Im interested in their:

4L60E Street Performance

Complete overhaul of your 4L60E transmission including all new clutches, gaskets and seals. Heavy duty band, upgraded Borg Warner clutches, Corvette servo "firm shift".
All bushings are checked for wear and replaced as needed.
Torque converter not included, torque converter prices vary according to year models.
6 month warranty

$650.00

4L60E Competition Level I

Complete overhaul of your 4L60E transmission including all new clutches, gaskets and seals. Kevlar band 3" wide! Borg Warner performance upgraded clutches, Beast sun shell, Corvette servo, and ZPak 18 disc 3rd and 4th clutch pack.
All bushings are checked for wear and replaced as needed.
Torque converter not included, torque converter prices vary according to year models.
6 month warranty

$800.00

is this a good price for these choices??
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Cant say one way or the other never heard of them. Can say we cant do it for that we would have to do it for free or actually considerably under our cost. If that tells you anything. I do know they are not a sponsor here as far as I know and will not be here to help you if you need it.

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: 97 LT1 T/A Auto tranny help?