Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Question

Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Question

Alright here we go.

I have a the stock LS1 valley cover. I have LS2 style valve covers.

I have been running my system like this:

Hose from the driver's side valve cover with a "T" in it that is capped. That hose is run to the nipple on front of the intake which also holds the PCV. There is a hose from the nipple on the t-body run over to the nipple on the passenger side valve cover. Is this a correct way of doing this?

Also I just pulled my hoses off the car and apart to replace them. There was nothing besides hint of oil more like stuff leftover from the hoses(I used the left overs from the original hoses) in the PCV, which mine is the updated version. The "T" has collected oil in it. Not a lot, maybe a drop?
To be honest, I'm not even sure that I ever cleaned it out from the original engine. I don't think I did, but why would there be oil that seems to be fresh in the "T" and not in the pcv valve? I have also taken the T-body off today and there is some oil on the mouth of the intake, but nothing in the t-body itself?

Another question. Should the small end of the PCV be facing the intake or vice versa?

Last edited by Twotonefreak; 04-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Search this Thread