Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Good Price for Paint job?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Price for Paint job?

I have a 00' T/A ws6 and have fallen in love with many vehicles on this site that have had the section around the exhaust (rear bumper) painted black. So I went to a well known Paint shop the other day and got an estimate. They told me it would cost about 300-350 to have the section painted. Is this a decent price?(knowing that you get what you pay for)
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's called the Ceta Mod. Most people do it themselves just using rattle-can spray paint. In fact, there is a how-to for it on this site I believe. It's at the bottom of the bumper so it doesn't have to be show quality. Plus a lot of people use flat or satin black so it doesn't have much shine to it. Save your money and give it a try.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 AM
11 Second Club

That sounds about right for a shop, maybe half that if you find a painter that does side work. Just do it yourself....
Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

If you got the money and want it to turn out good then have the shop do it... thats not a bad price, but I'm sure you can shop around and maybe find cheaper. I personally wouldn't do it yourself unless you know what your doing or your doing it flat black. Its the bottom of your bumper yes, but its still pretty ovbious when you do it yourself and it looks like crap. Just search CETA and I'm sure you'll find a boat load of do it yourselfers that did it and it really does not look that great even in the pictures... but some do a fine job... just depends on your experience level of painting really...
Old 04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Do good prep work, a good even primer spray, good base, and clear if that's the route you choose. I did my camaro "berger" panel from a rattle can and it turned out perfect. Search and youll find exactly how to DIY CETA. Worst case scenario, you spent $30 in paint/primer/sandpaper and wasted 2-3 hours of labor. Either way you can always take it to that same painter and have him fix it. I say DIY!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

In fact, heres the link.... It was STICKIED in the "paint and body how to":
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.p...72&postcount=1