Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1M wideband help..

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1M wideband help..

Before I call some tech guy, thought I would ask here. I finally hooked up my LS1M, and it seems to go great, straight forward install. Calibrated and then tried it out. Definately nice, much more accurate than.....oh say guessing the mV reading of the narrowbands. BUT....

I went to record, no problem, went to download and WTF??? I removed the monitor, has a good 9v, plugged cable in, turned unit on and the manager says, plug in and turn on, doesnt recognize the monitor is there? Do I need the 12v hooked up or is this a issue with my PC not seeing the monitor installed yet?

Charlie.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Restricted User

Ok, it was the LS1-M, OBDII-Palm Scanner running in the background...oops.

Anyway, damn does everyone have a really wavey line? Is it just the ultra high sampling rate, like 8x sec or is my car in need of serious tune?
Old 10-26-2003, 06:51 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

I think your line is wavey because your shifting gears and not like a dyno were your in third wot.Thats why the rpm cable is so important so you can tune your afr at diffrent rpms vs load .
Old 10-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Restricted User

tuff...well although I have an A4, I see where if someone were shifting gears it would be wavy..but mine is really wavy, at idle, at cruise, and WOT.. Tonight I logged 9min, mix of idle, PT and WOT. all of it is wavy, the idle attempts to stay at 14.7, and PT has a small dip, then back to trying to maintain the 14.7, but the WOT will drop nicely into the mid to low 12.xx region, where I like for the nitrous, but holding steady at a WOT pattern it will dip into the 10 and 9 region, and after lettign up of course it shots to a 20.xxafr then settles right back down to 14.7. Its the peaks and valleys that concern me a little. I have only used predator to tune with so maybe its not working that well.

If anyone wants, I can email the .dif file for the log so you can analyze it.

Any input is welcome...Charlie.