Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Interior Harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing Interior Harness

I also posted this in another section but I figured this one may be better as I am sure more of you guys have likely removed this harness before.

I am removing the interior harness and I am at the point where the interior harness runs into the engine bay and into the fuse panel. There is a connector that mounts on the firewall between the engine bay and interior. I can not get these two apart and they certainly seem like they should be able to come apart. Does anyone have any particuliar info that may help me here?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you going to re-use the harness?

Cause mine came out real easy when I cut it in half!

It looks like it comes apart but there is some sort glue holding it together also.

~Jim~
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

its been a while but i think there is a bolt right in the center of the connector then 2 clips on either side u gotta pop to get it out then the bulk head connector on the fire wall also has to clips to release to then get that off the firewall like i said its been a while but im pretty sure thats how it is
Old 04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

I am going to be reusing it if at all possible. I have to get it out and see what I can do about getting some wire I don't need removed and maybe adding a couple. Hopefully I don't screw it up too bad.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

it's glued from factory!

you have to take the screw out of the top on the engine side, then go inside and push the tabs inwards (torwards the connector) to release it from the firewall. it will push to the outside.

it has 3-4? connector ends that have to be disconected under the dash, then the whole thing will pull out.

one is the main one you can see under the dash to the left of the steering colum (8mm bolt in the middle of connector) the rest are going to ign switch and connectors behind the left side kick panel.

make sure you get a good wiring diag, before you cut stuff out! there is a lot of same color wires!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Got it out, thanks for the help guys.