Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Autometer C2 Gauges - How to hook up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Autometer C2 Gauges - How to hook up?

Hey guys,
Whats the best way to hook these puppies up? I bought them used, and got new wiring harnesses. No instructions. I just need to know where is best to hook up the power/ground and the white wire for both the gauges. They're fuel/oil pressure if anyone wants to know. Also hooking them up along with my innovate wideband gauge on a autometer triple gauge pillar for my 01 Trans Am.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Adrian
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

COME ON, someone knows. I've searched all over the ******* internet and can't find any information. I want to do a CLEAN install, so it would be great to know what all I would need before I go off wasting time trying to install them.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

white wire is for illumination, i believe. i caught the brown wire at the light switch so that when my lights kick on, it kicks on the gauge backlight. for power i caught ignition, pink, at the ignition harness, and grounded it in the kickpanel where the factory ground is.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think autometer used to have install instructions on their website.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the responses! I have it all hooked up, now i'm trying to figure out where to wire the white wires. Should I wire it into the "IP Dimmer" or the "Tail LPS" fuse in the kick panel? I believe that one of these should work, and I'm thinking its going to be the "IP Dimmer" fuse relay. The white wires are for illumination I believe... I couldn't figure out how to get the headlight bezel off, and I didn't want to break anything...