Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Looking for a good set-up

Old 10-26-2003, 01:59 AM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a good set-up

Im selling my amp and subs and I want something thats a little more down low and will hit harder.Whats a good size and brand amp to great and what subs should I get? I just want a nice sounding system.The I want 12 inch subs to g back in my box.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

1 Kicker 12L7 in a ported 2.5cf tuned to 30 hrtz. That should rattle your neighbors windows with a at least 800w going to it.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

That will probably do it.... but it will sound like butt. How much you looking to spend?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

L7's hit hard but are unreliable and sound hollow, go to ebay and pick up a decent fosgate amp "400s" and a JL 12 w3, JL's have great sound for the money and work in small airspaces, you can do a setup like that cheap you just haev to look for the deals. Just make sure your speaker ohms match your amps optimal output, NO MTX, PYRAMID, BOSS, POWER ACOUSTIC, STICK WITH QUALITY.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have never seen MTX grouped along side Pyramid and Boss before. But recently....... I have been thinking the same thing. Ok, maybe not Pyramid bad, but Power Acoustic bad.....
Old 10-28-2003, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got 2 12w0's and I only have 125 watts to each sub and it hits pleanty hard for me. Gotta remember the car being a hatch like it is that it echos the sound. I went all JL Audio....amp, subs, and components...and the headunit is Alpine. I love this setup. didnt cost too aweful much either. Since it's JL Audio it'll last too.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just sold my old system 3 10w6's and autotek mean machine amp(old school) and i have to say try to find the older series jl, there are still lots of places that sell them new, and you can still get the older model w6 brand new as an 04' model(anniversary edition.) Go with JL subs! They dont compare to fosgates and kicker if you want more than just loud. JL is loud and they sound excellent. Amp wise there are a lot of good amp manufacturers depends on what you want to spend though, JL is awesome but i think they are overpriced. Unless you are going for something too extreme go with a decent fosgate, never have had to many problems with them. Orion is awesome too if you want your ***** in your throat.

MTX fans sorry about that last post there not as bad as BOSS or PYRAMID but if you hear something other than your system, it sounds so much better.

Search this Thread