Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Courtesy Lights On All the Time!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Lights On All the Time!

Ok, hopefully you guys can help me out. i installed a new power window wiring harness and put in power windows, and soon power door locks. But also on the wiring harness is the door sensors, which i thought I wired up correctly. So now when I close the door the lights stay on. Which is really annoying when your driving!!! Do you think i could have just plug one of the harness's in the wrong way, so that would make the circuit incomplete, which would keep the lights on? Thats my theory, if you guys have anything else that might fix it please let me know. Thanks...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so I checked the plugs they are in the write way because they have a clip on the top. But the male end of the plug has 4 slots with 2 slots used and the female part that I plug it into has 4 pins. Is they're a chance that I have the wrong wiring harness?

I also used a volt meter and I am getting 12 volts on the passenger side and the drivers side, so I know the problem is with the connection.

So does anybody knowhow to fix this?

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 04-12-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts