Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

weird bleeding experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird bleeding experience

Well my sticky pedal caused me to flush the entire system as the fluid was gooey black with all kinds of gunk in it. I have only had it two weeks so its not my fault it was left un-maintained. Anywho I wanted to flush the fluid and attempt the drill mod.

I tore apart the master because there was so much gunk in the fluid, I assumed it was in the master too. I was right, it was grose

I broke a drill bit in the damn line and ended up ordering a McLeod line with fitting for stock MC.

Got everything reassembled, bench bleed the master with line installed. I had the resevoir resting in a vice with fluid TTT and pumped the rod a few times and held it against the bench the vice was on and released the quick release fitting and bleed the entire system that way. I assume that was bench bleeding.

Then I get everything reinstalled on the car and drill holes in the floor to access the bleeder. When I pump the pedal and hold, then open the bleeder, fluid starts squirting all over the interior. Wish I would of known that prior I would of put more towels down, I ended up doing so anyway.

Is this normal for those who have drilled a hole in the floor? For the fluid to squirt into the cab?? Or did I do such a good job of bench bleeding that there was little air in the system?

Thoughts?

Also the car has sat since Tuesday morning and has not run since with the battery DEAD. The alarm was going off and I didnt even hear it, just the inside lights above the mirror flashing dimly and rapdily. When I got the car charged and started, it would not idle right, is this the computer relearing itself?

On a side note, this did not fix a ******* thing. I guess I will have to get the Tick MC, and Monster III premium and the Tick remote bleeder next. I just bought this damned car to get away from my unreliable mustang and here I am dumping cash into it like there is no tomorrow...
Old 04-11-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

OH and one more thing, when I was pumping the clutch in the car and bleeding, when the pedal had pressure, I could here a squeking noise on every pump. I think that is why the sticking pedal is reoccuring, I assume the master is gone and that is causing the squeking noise along with the sticking pedal.

Sound accurate?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone??
Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt...