Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright sponsors get my taxes lets see what yall got

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alright sponsors get my taxes lets see what yall got

I need a 2 stage 90mm plate kit for a camaro. Need the noids to flow 300, 100 off the line and 200 later OR 150 and 150. Let me see what yall got, kit will run off a standalone fuel system which will be purchased later. If there is a sale comping up please let me know because money I can save on this will go toward another peice to my nitrous system and ill be buying from yall again.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

I would recommend upgrading to a direct port for that size of a shot. We make dry and wet direct ports that would all work well for you. Our plate can and has done well on larger shots above 250, but again my best recommendation regardless of who you buy from would be a direct port.

Let us know more about what setup you have. I see a 98 bolt on M6 in your sig, but i have to imagine you've done plenty of motor work to be considering a 300 shot.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya the car has been down for 2 years now. Motor is a forged 402, 12-1 static and 8.5-1 dynamic compression, all supporting mods and rear components. I was told the plate would be softer on the tires out of the hole than a fogger nozzle or direct port and that a direct port would have trouble hlding a stedy afr because it would be hard to jet them that far down. What are we looking at price wise? Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BigDB
ya the car has been down for 2 years now. Motor is a forged 402, 12-1 static and 8.5-1 dynamic compression, all supporting mods and rear components. I was told the plate would be softer on the tires out of the hole than a fogger nozzle or direct port and that a direct port would have trouble hlding a stedy afr because it would be hard to jet them that far down. What are we looking at price wise? Thanks
A direct port would have no problems at that level and you would see less A/F variation per cylinder then you would with a plate kit. Plate relies on the intake to efficiently flow the mixture. On a direct port the flow to each is the same, if you have variations, which you observe from reading plugs, then you tune that particular cylinder. A 100-150 plate out of the hole and then bringing in a direct port would be a nice setup. Even if the distribution of the plate isnt perfect, you can tune it with the DP. Our plate is going to hit pretty hard out of the hole, but if you setup your suspension right and have good tires, you will be fine. We have customers cutting 1.3X's on just 100-150 shots on our plate.

There are A LOT of options to go with, so price is a little premature. Shoot me a pm with your budget and we can go from there. There are lot of other things you need besides the base kit.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pm sent 2 days ago....
Old 04-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

For what you are ultimately wanting to do a direct port would be better because you would have the option to tune each cyl individually but a dual stage plate would suite your needs. We have several customer's spraying 300hp wet with our single stage plates with flawless results. If you want to talk a vendor that has done it Contact Ron over at Vengeance and he can give you first hand results.

PM Sent
-Chris
Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BigDB
Pm sent 2 days ago....
weird, i replied a few minutes after getting your pm. ill resend it
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks everyone