General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

shift kit/rear slack

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift kit/rear slack

Ok shift kits in, I like the shifts but now something seems loose in the rear from 1-2. It like bounces like theirs play or slop somewhere any pointers fellows? How do you check the the rear? when you turn the drive shaft should their be any slack b-4 it turns the wheels? happy easter. 98 camaro

Last edited by hevymetalg; 04-12-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spellin lol
Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hevymetalg
Ok shift kits in, I like the shifts but now something seems loose in the rear from 1-2. It like bounces like theirs play or slop somewhere any pointers fellows? How do you check the the rear? when you turn the drive shaft should their be any slack b-4 it turns the wheels? happy easter. 98 camaro
When car is on jack stands I spin the driveshaft and it turns about a half inch b-4 it catches? The u-joints are tight imo but when I check them I hold the yoke with one hand and try to spin the driveshaft with the other is this how you would do it?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hevymetalg
When car is on jack stands I spin the driveshaft and it turns about a half inch b-4 it catches? The u-joints are tight imo but when I check them I hold the yoke with one hand and try to spin the driveshaft with the other is this how you would do it?
help somebody?