Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nology hotwires

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nology hotwires

Has anyone run these so called hot wires yet? they are supposed to be an amaising thing but i havent heard to many people using much in the way of aftermarket wires other then a simple upgrade to msd wires or something
Old 04-12-2009, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't.
I had a 00 Z28 that would run(idle) fine with them. But everytime we put it on the dyno it would crack up on the top end. We couldn't get any rpm data on the dyno.
The car had basic bolt on's.
It was a school car. No tuning, etc.

Put the stock/msd's on and all was well.

Besides the fact that people are making insane amounts of power and are still runnning the stocker/msd wire.

Just my experience. And .02.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Did you happen to run the silver plugs they sudjest to run as well?
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

scammmmmmmmm
Old 04-12-2009, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Nope the tried and true TR's
Swapping for N2O runs.

And yes rice and scam.....
Old 04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love all the scam accusations...

I've had them for about 5 years and they are great... just to check my coil pack one day I pulled the wire and the power arch coming off the wire was insane. Scared the **** outa me at first it literally was like the video on this link...

http://www.nology.com/hotwork.html

I also used the silverstone plugs with no problems... I've since changed to the NGK plugs, but didn't notice any difference...

I think I'm about the only one on here who has these plugs... as everyone else seems to bad mouth them, but they all seem to be jumping on the bandwagon when nobody really has any real world experience...

Unlike LowBird.... my car has ran on the dyno 15-20 times and has had no issues with breaking up or anything like that...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
i love all the scam accusations...

I've had them for about 5 years and they are great... just to check my coil pack one day I pulled the wire and the power arch coming off the wire was insane. Scared the **** outa me at first it literally was like the video on this link...

http://www.nology.com/hotwork.html

I also used the silverstone plugs with no problems... I've since changed to the NGK plugs, but didn't notice any difference...

I think I'm about the only one on here who has these plugs... as everyone else seems to bad mouth them, but they all seem to be jumping on the bandwagon when nobody really has any real world experience...

Unlike LowBird.... my car has ran on the dyno 15-20 times and has had no issues with breaking up or anything like that...
I had a 2001 Camaro V6 A4 its what got me into cars. Had full exhaust, SLP CAI, Ported throttle body, and a tune with 275 tires out back. From a stand still you couldn't break the tires loose, unless it was wet. A buddy of mine gave me his new set of nology wires cause he jumped on a deal for a Vette and didn't need them. From a stand still I could break the tires loose for about 2 seconds, after a custom shift kit and vette servos in the 4L60E, she'd break the tires loose for a couple of seconds and chirp going into second . I was Impressed...ran them with platinum 4's till I traded her in last year at 200K miles.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

i run nology coil and wires on harleys for a long time... always had good luck out of them,... only thing is if you left the switch engaged and not running the coil wouls sweel and pop after bout 20 min of leavin the key on
Old 11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

the secret to the hot wires is the what is similar to a capacitor that is built in to them i had them on my old 4.3 blazer xtreme and when it got totaled out i snatched them off and decided to disect them that also explains why they have to be grounded so that the function properly if not grounded they work the same as a regular plug wire

Quick Reply: nology hotwires