Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems after Tick master install

Old 04-12-2009, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Problems after Tick master install

hey guys just have a few issues to deal with. the actuall install of the tick master was a piece of cake just to let you all know that first.

i took the old MC out and attached the resiuar to the new Tick and i bench bleed all the air out of the system first untill i could not push the rod in by hand all all the air was out. i installed it in the car and bleed all the crappy fluid out of the slave by the way of pup the clutch and bleeder screw. then i also mityvaced it just to make sure i had no air.

my issue is that even with the rod adjusted all the way out every gear is stick very very notchy to get into and i grind 3rd even worst then before but thats not all...now my clutch engauges right at the top of travel and slips very bad in second gear with any power. nothing else changed except for the master and if anything i would thick i would have disengauge problems if it had air in it. i cant realy drive the car because like i said it like the clutch is not engauging at all.

i ahve tried everything i could think or to bleed it and it just feels like the tick master is not letting enough fluid out of the slave to disengauge fully. help me out guys
Old 04-12-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try adjusting the adjustable rod in ?

How many miles or how old is your slave ?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

could you have it to far out? I know it says something about dmg to the presure plate if its to far out?
Old 04-12-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like there might still be air in there somewhere.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

i adjusted it how they said they wanted it adjusted...little buy little till you can get into first gear stoped easily...just for me that never happened. i have adjusted a bunch of different ways and still same effect.

i dont know where the air could be but if there was why would that effect me clutch engaugement?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jerflash
i adjusted it how they said they wanted it adjusted...little buy little till you can get into first gear stoped easily...just for me that never happened. i have adjusted a bunch of different ways and still same effect.

i dont know where the air could be but if there was why would that effect me clutch engaugement?
If there's air in the lines then the hydraulics won't be moving as much fluid as they should. If there's not enough fluid moving through the slave cylinder, it won't push the pressure plate for enough to disengage the clutch. Hydraulic systems do not work well when there is air inside them.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

im not to worried about the disengaugement its the engaugement that is messed up now that has me worried...its slipping very bad
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have yet to see anyone actually damage a pressure plate by "over-extending" it, however that seems like the only logical answer to your problem. Our cylinder will never change how the clutch engages in relation to the pedal travel unless the rod is adjusted so long that it is actually "pre-loading" the pressure plate. I'm not sure that is even possible however...our rod is on the short side if anything and was made that way on purpose so guys didn't try to adjust it that way.

Theres also no way that the cylinder could hold fluid in the slave unless your pedal isn't coming back to the top for some reason. With the spring on the pedal removed, the pedal will only come back up if the piston in the cylinder returns....which is a sure sign that all the fluid you moved when pushing the pedal in has now returned to the cylinder/resevoir.

A dissengagement issue would cause the grinding and notchiness you speak of, however you then have a problem with engagment also with the clutch not holding under power. It sounds to me like you have a pressure plate problem. You could always put your stock cylinder back in and see if everything works as it should again. If so, we'd be glad to take a look at the cylinder and replace it if theres a problem.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

hey thanks john...to tell you the truth i think it might just be that the clutch was on its way out and now it fully is...i have seen some signs of wear...so i think i will change the clutch anyway..i will be calling you guys for that also i believe
Old 04-13-2009, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

I will be ordering my tick tomorrow or wednesday with my rebuilt kit. how hard is it to install and bleed?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

i did it in 2 hours in and out by my self...im not a big guy so i could get into all those tight place easy though.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

thanks for the info, didn't mean to hijack
Old 04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

np dude...love the car
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

thank you i appreciate it!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

ya just ordered a monster clutch from tick...awesome guys over there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems after Tick master install