Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on my carb. Cheater set-up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on my carb. Cheater set-up!!!

i have a holley black pump, with -6 feed to the regulator. im planning on shooting a 175 shot into my 454bbc. my question is....should i run -4 or -6 nitrous line from the solenoids to the plate?? and as far as tying in my fuel. i have two outlets on my regulator..should i designate one outlet for nitrous system fuel and one outlet for carburator fuel? its a 650DP holley if anyone is wondering. any educated advice would be great! i just want to do the right thing im new to the laughing gas scene! thanks in advance!
Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

You are running a bbc with a 650dp carb and you wanna spray a 175hp shot? Why so small on the carb? If you are using a fuel cell I would just run a seperate pump and regulator for the nitrous. Just use the 2 outlets on the regulator to feed each fuel bowl on the carb.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

the fuel tank is stock but sumped. im using a 650dp because the motor is still rockin iron heads with a mild street strip cam and a performer RPM intake. its a budget motor with 3k on a rebuild. its nothing wild by any means. i have another motor im building to be a bit more stout. this motor im running now is just to beat up while i build my other one.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

I would suggest adding another pump and regulator. I run a carbed setup and have done alot with them. You are playing with fire if you decide to run them both off the same pump.

You will also use 2 different fuel pressure. your Fuel Pressure should be around 7-7.5psi on the motor and around 6psi on the nitrous. You are better off buying a cheap blue pump with matching regulator and making your own lines. An easy $200 for everything, its deff. worth it! Unless you are going to peice together a kit, all of the nitrous lines will come with the kit!

If you need any help with your setup, feel free to PM me and we can talk!