Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 Hurst Shifter w/ Auto Console *Pics*

Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TH400 Hurst Shifter w/ Auto Console *Pics*

When i did the swap..i was constantly cruising sites trying to see how people modified their existing consoles to fit the hurst shifter. I found a few it gave me ideas and such..but i was still skeptical. Well i went from a m6 to a th400. So i had the 6-spd console. I was in a hurry last year..so i just wanted to drive the car..so this is how i ran the car last year.

Not to pretty...but effective. Also doing this..from having the hole in the tunnel where the 6spd shifter came up...made for some HOT driving. All the heat from the exhaust/engine/trans just POURED through there..sucked.

So yesterday and today i decided to do alittle custom fitting/cutting of an automatic shift plate i purchased. After alot of fitting..pulling...cutting..fitting..pulling..cutt ing. This is what my finished product looks like.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

looks good,so with the a4 you just had cut a little in the front near the ashtray?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 z/28
looks good,so with the a4 you just had cut a little in the front near the ashtray?

well i had to mount the hurst shifter on a pice of metal i had bent up. Its about 4" off the tunnel or so. You gotta make sure the shifter is the proper height with the a4 shift plate on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TH400 Hurst Shifter w/ Auto Console *Pics*