LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

So I just finished putting on LT's and true dual exhaust. My O2 extenders and skip shift eliminator showed up today so I installed them, set the car down and fired it up to take her for a test spin. It idles great, sounds great, however when I drive once it hit about 2500 RPM the engine cuts out and almost dies?!?! Not sure what the deal is...wondered if anyone has had similar symptoms? I was curious if my gas turned over the winter and maybe was causing this, but think that might just be a shot in the dark. It really doesn't seem as though the car is misfiring or anything like that. Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JDub3
So I just finished putting on LT's and true dual exhaust. My O2 extenders and skip shift eliminator showed up today so I installed them, set the car down and fired it up to take her for a test spin. It idles great, sounds great, however when I drive once it hit about 2500 RPM the engine cuts out and almost dies?!?! Not sure what the deal is...wondered if anyone has had similar symptoms? I was curious if my gas turned over the winter and maybe was causing this, but think that might just be a shot in the dark. It really doesn't seem as though the car is misfiring or anything like that. Any ideas?
I'd try to get a scanner and look at the real time data and data log what the car is doing while it's having these symptoms.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Yeah I was thinking it might come to that. Oh and one more thing. I did get rid of all my egr and air stuff too. Didn't think that would cause that though. Thanks. May just have to retrace my steps too.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Yeah I was thinking it might come to that. Oh and one more thing. I did get rid of all my egr and air stuff too. Didn't think that would cause that though. Thanks. May just have to retrace my steps too.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you make sure you got all the plug wires out of the way of the longtubes? One could have melted. Double check you have everything reconnected (I had to d/c a lot of **** when I did my longtubes) and nowhere near the longtubes because of the heat so nothing could ever possibly melt.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Yeah that was my first thought. But I checked the ignition wires and they all seem to be well clear of the headers and the car doesn't seem to be misfiring just not willing to rev while I'm driving.

Quick Reply: Help!!