Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Problems with 10-Spoke SS wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with 10-Spoke SS wheels

I'm having issues with tire wear on my 94 Trans Am with the 10-Spoke SS wheels. Tires were Goodyear GS-D3's 275 40 17's. I lowered the car back in January using Eibach Pro Kit's for an LS1 car so its pretty low in the front. About two weeks ago, my passenger side tire was worn down to the belts on the outside edge of the tire. The drivers side was also showing some wear on the outside edge of the tire but not nearly as much as the passenger side. I need some help diagnosing the problem. I had the car aligned after doing springs/shocks etc. and it drove fine for a month or so then the car started pulling to right. When I did the suspension, I replaced all of the bushings with the Energy Suspension poly bushings and I also replaced the drivers side lower ball joint and drivers side steering rod end.

Now you know the backstory, my questions:
Do the SS wheels have the proper offset for a 93-97 4th gen? Would improper offset be causing this problem? Could it be worn out ball joints/rod ends on the passenger side?

Thanks for the help in advance. This is all very frusturating. I hate driving around on my salad shooters and I want my 17" wheels back.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They are the same, all 93-02 wheels are the same offset, so can't be that.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow thats wierd... i have 10 spoke ss and i used to have to eibach lowering kit and my two fronts are worn bad on the outside edges too.. took the lowering kit off a while ago and haven't noticed that it got any worse.. maybe that kit messes with your wheel camber?? idn
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by collier341
wow thats wierd... i have 10 spoke ss and i used to have to eibach lowering kit and my two fronts are worn bad on the outside edges too.. took the lowering kit off a while ago and haven't noticed that it got any worse.. maybe that kit messes with your wheel camber?? idn
The car was having the same wear issues before the suspension work. I was hoping that replacing the bushings would help with the wear but I suppose not. I guess the next step would be replacing the passenger side ball joints/rod end.