Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default LT Ground Clearance

I would assume this is a topic that's talked about a lot, but I couldn't find anything in search..

As it is, I cringe and worry about every speedbump I go over, because occasionally I'll scrape over them. Also, I occasionally goto Chinatown and other places in the city where currently, there're potholes everywhere. I go into some stores in the city, where going from the road to the driveway of the parking lot can be either a cliffdiving or a rockclimbing expedition.

I'm sure Chicago's not the only place for these, but how bad is ground clearance using Long Tubes? Reading the sticky up top, I guess I'm definitely not getting SLP's, but I WAS considering shorties for a while. If I can be generally worry free, I wouldn't mind long tubes.

I'm looking to go long tubes with a catted Y, and my car is not lowered.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, right now im not lowered with pacesetter longtubes and off road y pipe. i obviously have no issues. i dont see u having a problem with being lowered with longtubes. but yes, the old SLP header was pretty shitty. but there new designed headers look good with much better clearance.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pacesetter LT + Eiback Prokit in Chicago, no problems for 90% of streets and parking lots.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Launching!

Pacesetter LT + Eiback Prokit in Chicago, no problems for 90% of streets and parking lots.
agreed im running the same setup and have no problem
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Pacesetters are GREAT for the price, but I have heard many people having to replace them after a year or so even with Jet Hot.

IMO, I'm going with LPP, I know they don't have ground clearance issues.

QTP is also a good brand and the think the American Racing headers are good as well.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

Pacesetters here in flint, no issues so far, had them 3 weeks now.