What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

If you were buying a 94 Firehawk would you rather...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default If you were buying a 94 Firehawk would you rather...

I wanted to ask you guys a few questions about how to get my Firehawk sold. I'm trying to see how many people might want is like it is and how many people would rather buy it bone stock like it came from SLP. Here's the options you have to pick from.

Black with black leather 8.5-9/10 in and out. A4 6k on trans, 94k on car. No issues at all.

TA high rise spoiler.
Billet 1.6 RR's with chromoly PR and GM guideplates.
Jet hot long tubes with ORY.
ROH Firehawk wheels near perfect with almost new Firestone Firehawk 275's.

That's how the car is sitting right now. The TOTL will be going back on though. So my basic question is if you were in the market for this car would you rather it be the way I described above...or just as it came from SLP? As soon as my TA is done and running this car will be sold. If you want to add what you would be willing to pay for it that's be great so I can get a ballpark figure to ask.

Zach
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Its got some bolt-on's, not heads, cam, n2o, etc. I don't see you having a problem selling it the way it is. I would like to buy it the way it is.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

See that's kind of what I like to hear I don't really want to take the LT's and rockers off but I would. Plus I don't see why someone wouldn't want a Firehawk with a little extra umph. The internals have never been touched and the car hasn't been raced or dynoed. Hopefully more people see it your way too.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Excuse my ignorance but a firehawk is basically a formula isnt it?
In that case I dont like trans am spoilers on formulas but thats the only thing Id change. But I dont see how boltons that make a car run more efficient would affect a sale.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I would prefer it to be 100% stock but you really haven't torn into it so I can't see the mods being an issue. If it were me I would sell the car stock and then sell the parts you took off of it, probaly will come out on top in the end. At the same time...I sold my '95 Formula w/ 79k that had bolt-ons for $8k. Thats about $2k more than the car was worth and it was the Long Tubes and GMMG that sold the car. The second the kid turned the car on he had to buy it.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

See that's what I was honestly thinking. I can probably pocket $500 or so by putting the car back to stock and I don't think the mods would increase the actual value of the car. This car is in great shape it's not had even the smallest problem in the 16 months that I've owned it. This car is in amazing shape for being a 15 year old car. Plus having spotless ROH wheels with almost new tires I would think would help it sell. I know how the market is right but I'm hoping that the right person will come along and really appreciate the rarity of the car and the condition. I won't just give this thing away. The only real thing I could see being a problem as far as the mods go is the ORY and it not being able to pass inspection as it sits. If you live in a non emissions county though, different story.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the car's probably worth the same or more stock than it is modded

if you have no problem doing the work you can pick up a couple extra bucks
Old 04-15-2009, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

If I were looking, I would want it 100% stock, with the Formula hatch back on and Factory rims if possible.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Man this is tough. I don't really know what the best route would be. I figure I could end up with more money in my pocket taking the stuff off but that's not always the case. Back in 02' I had a mild H/C formula with like 135k on the clock that a kid bought from me for 11k. No joke. He fell in love with the car. It had extrude honed heads, hotcam, SLP shorties, built trans, vig. 3200 and a borla catback and that's basically it. It make around 300 rwhp, torque read 360 but I figure that was converter flash. Solid car but not really worth a dime over 6 at the time. But he wanted it real bad and had the money and I really liked the car. It was my first somewhat fast car. I'm hoping something like that happens again, that'd be cool.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been awhile since I was on the website but the firehawk owner's website might be your best bet both sales wise and advice wise on the resale value. I'm going to guess you'll find people there who are willing to pay a little more for the collecter status of the car. When I was shopping for a summer toy I was regularly taking a look at the web site looking for a stock firehawk.

The catch 22 is although I think they're willing to pay more they're also looking for a relatively stock car.

Take it easy
Brewski
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

if i was buying a firehawk i would want it stock. i wouldn't care about the headers but i would want the stock manifolds with it. and for the guy a couple of post up asking why it would matter, well these cars are kind of rare. not super rare but alot of people that are looking for them are probably purest. If you have a lot of aftermarket things it would lead people to believe it has been raced alot
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

See I would consider these very rare. The production numbers don't lie. Yes I know that the only difference was the badges, hood/intake, wheels, and the exhaust but there were only 500 made in 94, I believe people think they are more common than they really are. I mean between 93-97 there was 1529 Firehawks built. Since then some have been wrecked and modded so the rarity of a stock Firehawk in good shape is in fact way more rare than people give credit for. Just think about the numbers though. It's not like you see these every day. There were 4 times as many SS camaros in 96/97 than there were Firehawks spanning 93-97. I just wanted people to know that these cars are not as common as you might think. I'm really starting to like the idea of it being dead stock though. I get what you mean DJ about the mods, however this car has had mods for maybe 2,000miles, the rest of it's life has been stock. The car is virtually untouched and I know I don't race it. Neither did the guy who owned it before me. All it had then was NGK plugs.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Launching!

so how many miles does yours have? my 93 has 25000. thats why i want your wheels, to put them away so one day when the car has a ton of miles, it can have a nice new set of wheels.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

It has 93,920 miles as of 5 minutes ago. I ended up getting a set of tires for the wheels. Firestone Firehawk wide ovals. They are basically new. There's a small chance that I'll end up keeping the car. It's a small chance and it will depend on if I can gather some money together so I won't actually need to sell.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

I wondered if this would be moved but I was hoping it would stay put. Anyways if anyone happens to see now I'm willing to trade this car for an LT1 SS. I've always liked them and I'd like to get into one. Would have to be an M6. FYI. Thanks.

Quick Reply: If you were buying a 94 Firehawk would you rather...