Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFG KDW or Firehawk Wide Oval?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BFG KDW or Firehawk Wide Oval?

Any input would be appreciated.I am looking for some new shoes for my 2000 Z and it is between these two tires. Street driven car only no real racing. What would you guys recommend. Wear? Road noise? etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

I've personally used the firehawks in the past and absolutely loved them....they blew the doors off the bfg sports. I pushed these tires hard on the street taking clover leaf turns at 60+ like nothing and many other things were my bfg's would give out way before.

The wet grip was awesome and the dry couldn't have been better, especially for the wear rating they have. There was far less road noise from the firehawks compared to the bfg sports as well.

I would definitely recommend the firehawks!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wide-ovals over BFG's for SURE....ive had 3 sets of wideovals and about to buy a 4th set for my new 18/19 wheel setup that is on its way..i sell them to all my friends at work also..everyone loves them..no road noise what soever and last forever...rain traction is pretty crazy
Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

I just bought wideovals for my car. I was between the bfg and wideovals too. I went with the wideovals b/c I was able to get a great deal on them. I have not driven the car more then 100 but from what I have seen on warmer days is they hook pretty nice on the street.

Search this Thread