Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint scheme in Engine Bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint scheme in Engine Bay

Alright guys, I'm about to get AFR 205cc heads, custom Comp Cam, and a Fast 90mm intake and polished Nick Williams 90mm Throttle Body. I'm also get a '02 Z06 MAF and a Fast Toys 85mm Air Lid. My engine bay looks completely stock right now besides a SLP lid that I'm going to get rid of. I do want to get some of the Specialized Stainless covers for the engine bay, and all of it will be in Polished Aluminum. So keep everything in mind. I want to paint the intake red with silver or chrome look lettering on the intake. My question is would you paint the new Fast Toys lid red or a gloss black? Would you paint the fuel rail covers red or go with a different color. I just don't want to much red. I was also thinking about putting something on the lid to go with the car, but I just don't know what! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is some pics of my car right now.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

wow your rig is too clean!

i would go for a mostly gloss black look under the hood, with some red - lid, optima battery, coil packs, etc.

i think lt1 tails would look really good on your car, vht the white - for a red/black look throughout the car
Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that in a red engine bay you only want certain things red. I had red valvecovers and I decided to switch to red coil packs with flat black valvecovers. I'd go with black fuel rail covers with red/chrome lettering, red intake, red coil packs or red valvecovers, and leave the lid alone. You can always paint it if you feel the need.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

go mostly black, to much red will make it look weird. you have to break up the red engine bay
Old 04-16-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boosted 99 TA
go mostly black, to much red will make it look weird. you have to break up the red engine bay
Would you paint my Fast intake red? I was thinking about doing some stuff silver or chrome too! I'm most likely going to order the Specialized Stainless Polished Engine Bay Dress up kit.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:27 AM
FormerVendor

I would try to carry your black manta theme into the engine bay. Maybe paint the lid and intake manifold red with a black strip coming to a manta point on the lid. I've always loved our polished covers in a red engine bay. You can't go wrong with red, black, & chrome.

Also, if you have a nickname for your car try to incorporate it into the painted lid somehow... Judges at car shows look for little things like that.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Would you paint my Fast intake red? I was thinking about doing some stuff silver or chrome too! I'm most likely going to order the Specialized Stainless Polished Engine Bay Dress up kit.
Other question, nice Decals on front fenders. Where you get that?

Your red Camaro looks cool and
Old 04-17-2009, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
Other question, nice Decals on front fenders. Where you get that?

Your red Camaro looks cool and
Thanks, I actually got them on eBay probably about 2-2.5 years ago from the user id I think muffinbuster. That and my grille and front clear turn signal lights has been the only things I've gotten off eBay.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id do mostly black. And little touches of red.. Since your wheel wells are red it will look too much red if you did like your intake in red.. So just do black with touches of red and polished...

Oh and BTW those rims look horrible.. Feel free to send them to me..

Quick Reply: Paint scheme in Engine Bay