Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

home made CAI results on my GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default home made CAI results on my GTO

Here is a thread i made on another board (which i am now banned from) about the set up i made...
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248522

anyway, i thought i would share my results with you guys, in case some of you here dont go over there. I have a good deal of mods (heads, cam, headers, manifold, etc). Anyway, one thing i dont have is the IAT sensor relocate. So when i would look at my IAT on my dash-hawk, they would read anwhere from 120-130 degrees (florida). That is insane, so i went about trying to make my own CAI. The process is on the link above.

RESULTS>>>

Well, i was cleaning up my engine bay and took the tube out a few days ago. While i had it hooked up, i was reading an IAT of about 90 degrees (its hot down here). After i took my CAI off, i was driving around again, and i was readsing between 125-130 degrees. So it obviously works. And this is without the IAT relocate, or a better thermistor.

So if any of you fellas want a CAI but dont want to drop the coin, or get one you arent sure works well, i suggest you give mine a try.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Jedi Master

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here
Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

lol. yup, i done been banded

Quick Reply: home made CAI results on my GTO