Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax ORY - need help fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynomax ORY - need help fast

Alright I've searched and couldnt find a single thing about it but has anyone had any experience with a Dynomax ORY pipe that bolts to the stock manifolds? My main concern is fitment. Do these bang on the floor boards or is there anything else worth mentioning about them?

I need responses quick as the Y pipe I've ordered (SLP) is being returned since it hooks up to the cats and not the manifolds (I need to ditch the cats) and the vendor is offering me to send it back and have it swapped for a dynomax ory.

I know your guy's opinions on ORY and stock manifolds please dont post up with responses bashing this type of setup as I've already decided this is the route I'm going and this fits the bill. My reason for going this route is first I'm finally motivated to finish my nitrous setup and I need to put in a wideband O2 sensor (needs to be pre cat which i cant really do on a stock setup or just delete cats). 2ndly further down the road I might fab up a DIY rear mount turbo setup and stock manifolds are prime for that setup, catless y pipe would be prime as well. I'd consider having a local exhaust shop fab up pipes to swap in place of the cats (test pipes, cat bypas pipes) but it'll cost me more than shipping the y pipe back for the exchange and i'd also have to worry about leaks when i do the rear mount setup.

Please let me know about the Dynomax ORY. Car is an 02 Ta by the way with cat back exhaust. Thanks in advance.