Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tci flex yank tc install help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tci flex yank tc install help

I was wondering if anyone has run the tci flexplate with a yank stall. I know I need a longer bolt other than the provided 10x1.5 but was wondering if anyone had the arp part number replacement. Also I knowticed the bolt hole allows for bolt play about 1-2mm. has anyone seen any issues with this. Lastly, when doing the measurement for the distance between the T/C and the Flex plate, what did you use. Feeler guages mught be a little to thin. Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You should have 1/8-3/16 clearance .If you have more use washers that are the exact same thickness(check with a micrometer). We just went to a hardware store and bought Grade 8 bolts that were longer.Where the flexplte bolts to the crank,you want to sand down any paint or powdercoating,becaue the bolts will come loose.Clean out bolt holes and make sure they are dry.Use locktite and torque to specs.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks NHRA,

I found some stronger bolts that were perfect in length and I was planning on using some thread lock. The bolt even have a flange so I dont need washers to have a large seat on the flex plate. Sanding off the paint makes sense. I dont get how a micrometer will be able to measure the spce between the T?C and the flexplate? Do I use a bore guage the get the measurement, then measure the bore guage?

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
You should have 1/8-3/16 clearance .If you have more use washers that are the exact same thickness(check with a micrometer). We just went to a hardware store and bought Grade 8 bolts that were longer.Where the flexplte bolts to the crank,you want to sand down any paint or powdercoating,becaue the bolts will come loose.Clean out bolt holes and make sure they are dry.Use locktite and torque to specs.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

you can use a drill bit