Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where would you go for a 427 package

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where would you go for a 427 package

I am pretty sold on the LPE 427 but still open on my final choice.
Any input, recomendations or experiance with other tuners would be great.
It's alot of money and you only do it once.

Old 10-27-2003, 06:41 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely talk to Jayson or wayne at MTI. The reputation of the shop plays a big role when making a high dollar decision like that. If you are close enough, I would consider traveling to the shops being considered and see the facility and get 427 references. Texas has several shops within drining distance of each other. I would consider reputation on quality, customer service and price and in that exact order. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gstama
I am pretty sold on the LPE 427 but still open on my final choice.
Any input, recomendations or experiance with other tuners would be great.
It's alot of money and you only do it once.

I am having one built RIGHT now buy JPR------------->>> Darton wet sleeve 4.125, and Callies 4.0" crank. Diamond pistons, Yellow Terras and what not. You should have a look if u are on the East Coast. His prices are far below MTI LPE and others. I wont have results for a couple weeks or so. Bear
Old 10-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Teching In

I have heard good things about MTI,
I am in Toronto, Texas is little far.
Unless work something out so they could ship something to me.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

im sure that MTI can work something out. I have seen cars from Flordia, New York and Chicago in there shop. With the kind of money that you would spend I would look into all of the major shops. MTI is one of the best, and great costomer service as well
Old 10-27-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your in Canada, Id look at Agistino. It would prolly save alot of hassel of dealing with money exchanging and other problems that can arise from dealing out of country. If you decide to use a manufacturer from the states, LPE is good, but pricey, MTI, JPR, Cartek, and many others are good shops to deal with.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

LPE will tend to build a conservative/very mild 427, in most respects.

MTI will tend to build a more aggressive 427 with a bigger cam that makes more rwhp & rwtq.

Of course both can be tailored to what the customer wants but there seems to be a difference in the philospies.

I'd go with MTI.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:57 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with PROVEN companies that are building them in a timely manner.LPE,Cartek,MTI,TR,Futral are some of the sponsors I would contact.

Good luck.......
Old 10-27-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

LPE all the way, without a doubt.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went with MMS for my 427. It took them a while to get the new revised Darton Wet Sleeved block from Darton, but it is going in now. I like the fact they are working with Darton to test these sleeves and that Darton is close by to them (and me). So far, everything is going great...
Old 10-27-2003, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

LPE is one of the most expensive out there, there are a lot of good vendors, but you should go with ARE for sure....
Old 10-28-2003, 01:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bear
I am having one built RIGHT now buy JPR------------->>> Darton wet sleeve 4.125, and Callies 4.0" crank. Diamond pistons, Yellow Terras and what not. You should have a look if u are on the East Coast. His prices are far below MTI LPE and others. I wont have results for a couple weeks or so. Bear

Same here. I would build it myself before I spent 15-20K like some shops already mentioned charge.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
im sure that MTI can work something out. I have seen cars from Flordia, New York and Chicago in there shop. With the kind of money that you would spend I would look into all of the major shops. MTI is one of the best, and great costomer service as well
And dont forget NoMercy. His had to traval over a body of water. You also might want to check out the Vette Doctors. They have some fast stuff over on the corvette forum. If it was me I would go with MTI. Give Wayne a call, he will take care of you
Old 10-28-2003, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I also forgot to add that Speed Inc. has a pretty stout 427, toms personal car put down over 500rwhp and 500rwtq, its an 03 Z06
Old 10-28-2003, 02:01 AM
TECH Junkie

I would talk to Brent and Brendon at Speedaholics in Houston, Texas.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:25 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by gstama
I have heard good things about MTI,
I am in Toronto, Texas is little far.
Unless work something out so they could ship something to me.
Agostino is right in your back yard.I drove 1,000 miles round trip to have them work on my car.Unless you have a certain reason to not use them it would be silly to go anywhere else.They have had the best history of any shop when it comes to resleeved blocks.The other shops can put something together for you but if there is a problem your doing the cross-country trip not them.You would be crazy to use the company in California.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Talking Jpr 427 Engines

THIS IS JOE FROM JD'S AUTO REPAIR & PERFORMANCE CENTER---
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO STATE MY .02 CENTS.

I HAVE BEEN DYNOING CARS FOR JOE FROM JPR FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS,HE PUTS ALOT OF TIME IN HIS R&D TO SEE WHAT WORKS FOR HIS CUSTOMER'S.
HE GIVES EVERYONE 110%--I HAVE SEEN HIM DYNO CUSTOMER'S CARS AND NOT MAKE THE POWER HE QUOTED THEM AND GO BACK THAT DAY AND TEAR THE ENGINES APART---AND DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GIVE THE CUSTOMER WHAT HE PROMISED.THEN COMES BACK THE NEXT DAY TO REDYNO TO MAKE SURE THEY GET WHAT THEY PAY FOR.SOMETIMES WITH PERFORMANCE WORK YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU THOUGHT--NO MATTER HOW MUCH MATH YOU DO WITH HEAD FLOW AND CAM NUMBERS.NO ONE IS PERFECT.THAT'S WHY THE BIG GUYS--WARREN JOHNSON,JOHN FORCE,ETC ARE ALWAYS TEARING THEIR ENGINES DOWN FOR MORE POWER AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE NUMBER 1.I AM JUST TRYING TO SAY JOE PUTS ALOT OF TIME IN HIS CUSTOMER'S CARS TO MAKE SURE THEY GET THE BEST HE CAN DO AND WHAT HE SAID THEY WOULD.HE IS AN HONEST GUY.

I HAVE JUST COMBINED JOE FROM JPR AND BRIAN HERTER FROM PCM'S FOR LESS WITH MY BUSINESS.
NOW JPR AND PCM'S FOR LESS ARE DIVISIONS OF JD'S AUTO REPAIR & PERFORMANCE CENTER.

I WOULD NOT ADD PEOPLE TO MY BUSINESS THAT WERE NOT CREDITABLE OR WERE DOING JOBS FOR PEOPLE THAT WERW NOT 110%.

I HAVE ALWAYS DONE FORD'S IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO I AM--NOW I WILL BE SPECIALIZING IN FORDS AND CHEVY'S.

FROM MINOR PERFORMANCE WORK TO COMPLETE ENGINESAND FULL CUSTOM TUNING ON THE DYNO.

I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF GUY JOE PRINCE IS.
WHEN YOU ARE ON TOP IT SEEMS AS THOUGH EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOCK YOU DOWN SOMETIMES NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY.
YOU ALWAYS WILL GET 110% FROM JD'S AUTO REPAIR & PERFORMANCE CENTER,JPR,AND PCM'S FOR LESS WHEN YOU COME HERE.

THANKS--SORRY SO LONG
JOE DUTKIEWICZ
SHOP OWNER

JD'S AUTO REPAIR & PERFORMANCE CENTER
810 WELSH ROAD
HUNTINGDON VALLEY,PA 19006
215-938-9270

WWW.JDS-HIGH-PERFORMANCE.COM
Old 10-28-2003, 07:29 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

1) Stay away from Agostino Racing right now as they seem to be having some issues, even though they are in canada. I wouldnt buy an air filter from them right now, much less a $10k motor. Maybe in 3-6 months they'll be back up snuff.

2) RESTOMAN, it really hurts to read your post. Generally, people capitalize the first word of a sentance and names/acronyms, but not every letter of the whole post.

3) MTI is apparently switching sleeving process...I certainly wouldnt want their first motor sold to a customer with the new process, but after 3-6 months proving time on their new motors I think MTI would be the place to go with. I'll be waiting and watching patiently.

If you want one now, my vote is LPE.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default caps

sorry about the caps--it is just easier for me to type----i am a 2 finger typer.

i'll type small next time.

joe
Old 10-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to swing off Futral Motorsports nuts..