Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade pump and injectors with a 150-175 wet ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade pump and injectors with a 150-175 wet ?

well im getting together the last couple of parts for my 98 z28 before i take it to the tuner ....

its a m6 , running a 01 vette short block with katech rod bolts and tsp 5.3l heads and a torquer v.3 all bolt ons and a fast 90/90 with a nitro daves plate kit ..

looking to run 150-175 shot on the plate . will i need to upgrade both the injectors and fuel pump or just the fuel pump .. i was thinking a 255lpg with a hot wire kit to the pump .. and im not too sure about the injectors im hoping to be around the 450rwhp area on motor so is this maxing them out ?.. and sumwere around 600+ on the juice .. dosent seem too hard witht he combo ..

so should i do both inj and pump or just pump with hot wire kit ... but wait i just seen that the hot wire kit is suposed to be used with 99+ plastic tanks is this true ??

and anyone knw were i can get internet instructions to hook up my nitro daves window switch ?

thanks again .. also what timing and spark plug will it be best to run ?im planing on running about 2-4 bottle a month and im trying to get everythign together before dyno day .. thanks again !
Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

I'd say upgrade the pump and injectors, but not both because of the nitrous....You need to upgrade your pump and run a hotwire setup just because (I'd advise doing it w/ or w/o the kit)....You need to upgrade your injectors because of your engine mods, but the injectors shouldn't really have anything to do with your wet kit working correctly or not.

And if you're really taking it to a tuner as you said in your first statement, then the last questions shouldn't matter....don't screw with the timing, fuel etc after the tuner does their magic.

Run a TR6 gapped down to about .038, should be fine.

-Will
Old 04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks ! and how about the hot wire kit only working on 99+ plastic tanks i have a 98 =( so what does this mean i can use it ?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by randomnine7
thanks ! and how about the hot wire kit only working on 99+ plastic tanks i have a 98 =( so what does this mean i can use it ?
there is a separate kit for the 98 model. And yes you are going to have to upgrade both.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

who selld the 98 hot wire kit . pm if u knw im ready to buy one soon thanks !