Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump too big?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump too big?

Ok here is the deal I am doing an all new fuel system for my car I ordered one of Nasty's custom fuel tanks and my question is this, for about a year I will be running an all motor HKE 403 with all of the bells and whistles and then I will be swapping out the motor to do a large displacement turbo motor, if I run a Magnafuel 4303 pump or Fuelabs big pump will I have any issues with the fuel system being overkill on the NA setup?I tried a search but I was unable to find anything of this nature on here. I also wanted to know how I should run this setup I was thinking of doing a single -8 feed into a Y at each rail then a Y into a regulator then a -6 retun, would this be a good setup, or should I run a -8feed into one rail then crossover to the other rail and then mount the FRP at the back of that rail and then the return? I would appreciate the pros and cons of each setup and which would ultimately be the best setup to run, sorry for the long post and TIA.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone have any information at all?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Talking Last setup..

I made, was -12 to the pump, [100M filter], -10, thru a 40M filter, to the "Y" block, 2 -8's to the ft of the rails, 2 -6's to the sides of an Aeromotive Pro reg, then -8 return.
Worked well on a 1000FWHP setup. But, it was "only a v-sicks"..
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check out the Wedon pumps. I'm going to be ordering a DB2025-A from them along with the fuel pump controller (slows down the pump at idle, keeps it quiet, longer lasting, less heating of fuel, etc....) and a regulator. In addition, this particular pump will run e85 no problem...which will be nice when it becomes a bit more available in my area. Kinda expensive for all of it ($1000 +)...but it'll do whatever you want, and is extremely reliable.

Just my $.02

Last edited by salemetro; 04-20-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Weldon is a great pump but the MagnaFuel is a way better street pump and does not require a pump controller. It will also work for E85 without a problem.

Nate