Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to LS1 Tech and the LS1 club...

Old 04-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1 Tech and the LS1 club...

Bought my first LS1 1998 Camaro Z28 in August 2008 and Now in April had to pull out my LS1 for a rod bearing issue. I must say going from a Supercharged GT mustang was a bit of a downgrade (no offense) but I am still impressed with the power this thing has STOCK. I am currently in the middle of putting it back together as i had to wait for parts to come in. But I must say for my first LS1, I am proud of myself. I've been watching these boards like a hawk since i got this car and just wanted to know what I was getting into.

A buddy of mines from my car club has been helping me pull this thing apart and I think i have now become a REAL gearhead. Never done anything on my own ride this extensive. If you guys have any pointers as far as putting her back together or any little facts I should keep in mind, it is greatly appreciated. I will post pics up as soon as I figure this board out completely. thanks everyone for all your help.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the site. While The engine is out and apart did you up grade any thing? Cam, oil pump, timing chain, push rods, valve springs ect...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
Welcome to the site. While The engine is out and apart did you up grade any thing? Cam, oil pump, timing chain, push rods, valve springs ect...
Nice Car Man, was looking through your photo link Do you live in Colorado?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever
Nice Car Man, was looking through your photo link Do you live in Colorado?
Thanks, Park city utah.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Welcome to the Forum!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Teching In

thanks guys. I upgraded the oil pump and everything was replaced. New gaskets for everything, new crank bolt, I have some gauges for OP, Boost, and Wideband. I'll install two of them and get it back together. Everything was cleaned up to a nice and shiny finish so I'm going to start today for reassy. Anyone know where I can get torque spes for the bottom end?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

Thumbs up

<<<<---- EX-multi-Mustang owner, First time LS1 owner.

Welcome to the "Dark Side"...

While apart I would have surely swapped in one of the many proven, yet mild, camshafts that are available and thrown some exhaust & bolt-ons at it while going back together. That way your new ride would be capable of easily outrunning your old ride, without even needing a power adder....

Search this Thread