Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hsw microedge issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hsw microedge issues

so i hit the dyno last weekend for the n20 tune. before the first time we sprayed the car i verified all of the settings in the controller (min. rpm1-3000 rpm, max rpm 1-6000). well long story short it sprayed the car at 1800 rpms. so i check everything over and it all turns out ok. so i said lets try it again. we make another pass and it hits fine. next pass it hits fine again. so last night i go to hit the track. once again verified the triggers and window settings and everything looked good. do my burn out pull to the line, quick purge, bring up my rpms and it sounds like there is a 2- step on the car around 4k rpms. so i disarm the system and it picks up fine. make the pass come back to the pits . check everything again and all is well. go back to the line and it holds the rpms fine but never sprays. back to the pits i go. pull both the lines off of the noids put the fuel line in a bottle have a friend hold the n2o line. then i proceeded to set the min. rpm to 0, leaving the trigger voltage at 4.30. as soon as i turn the key on and arm the system it starts spraying without me even touching the gas pedal! also i noticed that when the microedge was first installed whenever i would turn it on it would say trigger then when armed it would say armed. well now when i turn it on it says nothing and when i arm the system it says trigger then from there it goes straight to saying spray. i am not to sure what is going on with this thing but any advise would be great.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Switching the TPS to positive should solve it, let me know.

Matt

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
so i hit the dyno last weekend for the n20 tune. before the first time we sprayed the car i verified all of the settings in the controller (min. rpm1-3000 rpm, max rpm 1-6000). well long story short it sprayed the car at 1800 rpms. so i check everything over and it all turns out ok. so i said lets try it again. we make another pass and it hits fine. next pass it hits fine again. so last night i go to hit the track. once again verified the triggers and window settings and everything looked good. do my burn out pull to the line, quick purge, bring up my rpms and it sounds like there is a 2- step on the car around 4k rpms. so i disarm the system and it picks up fine. make the pass come back to the pits . check everything again and all is well. go back to the line and it holds the rpms fine but never sprays. back to the pits i go. pull both the lines off of the noids put the fuel line in a bottle have a friend hold the n2o line. then i proceeded to set the min. rpm to 0, leaving the trigger voltage at 4.30. as soon as i turn the key on and arm the system it starts spraying without me even touching the gas pedal! also i noticed that when the microedge was first installed whenever i would turn it on it would say trigger then when armed it would say armed. well now when i turn it on it says nothing and when i arm the system it says trigger then from there it goes straight to saying spray. i am not to sure what is going on with this thing but any advise would be great.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Switching the TPS to positive should solve it, let me know.

Matt
will do. appreciate the call back. i didnt make this thread to make any kind of bad words. i was simply hoping that someone on here would see it because i figured you guys were probably out for the day. again thanks for the call back and the help. i will keep you updated.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

tps at 4.30 seams low. got wot and look at tps. then take away .2 and thats what you set it to. if remember right
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

I have a HSW kit for my LS2 vette, Im glad to see everyone helping out.
I also have the Micro edge. Ill be checking back from time to time.
Im sure ill have plenty of questions, just a matter of time.
I cant even get the main Nos line through the friggin donut???
Its hitting all kinds of stuff. I cant even see in the pass compartment where the wire would come through. I took the glove box out and all.
I wish there was a video for the vettes or any other car for that matter.
I saw one for the LS1 camaro but thats it. Not much help for the vette.
Good luck
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Braciole
I have a HSW kit for my LS2 vette, Im glad to see everyone helping out.
I also have the Micro edge. Ill be checking back from time to time.
Im sure ill have plenty of questions, just a matter of time.
I cant even get the main Nos line through the friggin donut???
Its hitting all kinds of stuff. I cant even see in the pass compartment where the wire would come through. I took the glove box out and all.
I wish there was a video for the vettes or any other car for that matter.
I saw one for the LS1 camaro but thats it. Not much help for the vette.
Good luck

You have to pull the battery out to get it thru the donut. You have to gently poke and rip the rubber for the first time. After that its smooth sailing. I have a 2006 vette. People with vettes normally pay an overpriced shop to install everything. That is one of the reasons its hard to find rightups on it. PM me if you have any questions. I am in the process of respraying my car and I have a microedge controller. Very nice unit for the price

Quick Reply: hsw microedge issues