Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harmonic balancer bolt

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default harmonic balancer bolt

where can i get the 1 inch longer harmonic balancer bolt?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for this to install a new balancer, you can avoid having to get a longer bolt for installation by heating up the end of the balancer with a blowtorch or putting it in the oven for a little while. This will make it expand a little and it will go on enough by hand that you can use the old bolt to put it the rest of the way on. Thats what I did for my underdrive pulley and went on smooth as butter. Just remember you will still need a new regular bolt for final installation since it is a torque to yield bolt.
If you are looking for this for removal of the old balancer, you can get a threaded rod or a bolt without a flange on it so the balancer will fit over it from a hardware store
Old 04-19-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

i cut the head off my old bolt and welded about one inch of an old 3/8ths socket extension on it then welded the head back back on. works perfect. i also have Hawks install tool which works perfect as well.