Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from canada with an interesting project

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from canada with an interesting project

Hey guys, i'm from all the way out in canada, winnipeg manitoba to be exact, i'm building up a 95 trans am, i bought basically a wreck (insurance write off due to body damage) but wait, theres more than that, the gentalmen that i bought it off of bought it for the LT1 and trans for his 69 nova ss. i happened to have interest in this car as i had a built up 350 in my garage.

So my plan is to use my 350, internals are: .030 forged pistons, i think i have around 10.5 CR or higher, not quite sure anymore, ground and balanced crank, 4 bolt mains, cast block, hydrolic lifters, RV cam, i only have single hump cast heads for now, but i'll be changing that down the line, as far as i'm concerned, the motor is pretty strong for my abuse.

The trans i'm going to use is a borg warner T-10 4 spd, its only the aluminum case though, not the super t-10.

Now to make this all run in the car, i want to use this interesting swap i found:
http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/default.aspx
for the intake, i'm going to modify a LT1 intake to work on my 350 SBC,
so a break down here is a LS1 wiring harness, and use of the multi coil, as a distributor wont quite fit under the cowl/firewall, so instead i'm using a vortech dizy with a cap for the cam sensor, and to still drive the oil pump, and a vortech timing cover for the crank sensor, this way i can make the LS1 wiring work with my first gen motor.

Anyways, i'm going to need some help with atleast finding some parts for this, any any info that i find along the way helps alot, heres some pics of my car as it sits.

Bob

oh yeah, my first plan was to slap on a TPI and run with it. but the ls1 configuration seems more fun, and promissing for using more potential of my motor
Old 04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

what a nice warm welcome!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

looks like a mess haha
Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Well bob, I don't have any knowledge to offer you but you obviously have your work cut out. I do wish you good luck on your project though and welcome to the site